Note: If you’re having problems since updating to 1.10, please remove all other mods to ensure that the problem is actually related to HAC 2.
Note #2: If you’re experiencing an ‘error 126‘, attempt installing the latest Direct3D9 from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35
Aside from 1.10 compatibility, here’s the list of changes:
- The sightjacker will no longer advance by two players at a time when using the keyboard controls.
- HUD colour resets now save correctly.
- Field of view preferences had a small chance to reset if the game didn’t exit correctly.
- The sightjacker will now automatically continue to track your target after respawning.
- The BSP upgrade is now available for all game versions rather than just CE 1.09.
- The HUD colour shortcut key has been moved from F9 to F8.
New features overview:
- The particle limit has been increased by 50%.
- Active camouflage now renders correctly on Nvidia cards (not tied to 1.10).
- Scope blur can be disabled via a console command without requiring the disablealpharendertargets config.txt mod.
- Resolution selection is no longer limited to a maximum of 1600×1200 (not tied to 1.10).
- Your resolution in windowed mode can now match your desktop resolution.
- The game now has a windowed-fullscreen mode.
The full active camouflage effect will now display correctly on Nvidia cards by default. If you wish to revert to the old effect, you can use the console command camo_fix 0.
Scope blur can now be toggled with the command scope_blur 0/1. This removes the need to add the potential undesirable disablealpharendertargets option to your config.txt.
Resolutions & Windowed-Fullscreen mode:
The requirement to specify the -vidmode argument has been removed with a fix to Halo’s video options to allow for the selection of all supported resolutions.
Additionally, when running the game in windowed mode (-window), users can toggle between windowed and the new windowed-fullscreen mode by pressing alt + enter. As with other games that offer a windowed-fullscreen option, your game resolution must match your desktop resolution to be able to enter windowed-fullscreen. The reason for this limitation is simply that the window scaling used by Windows 7 and up makes the game look awful if it has to be stretched.